Tasting Room staff; part-time, approx. 30 hour per week
Reason Beer is seeking our first employee. We are hiring an experienced, friendly bartender to join our Tasting Room and staff the bar Thursday through Sunday. If you are high on passion, low on ego, and enthusiastic about sharing great craft beer, then apply now.
The Reason Beer Tasting Room is often the first place customers meet our beers and our culture. Despite our being a relative new-comer to the Charlottesville craft beer scene, we nevertheless strive to make this a world-class experience for our guests. The Tasting Room staff is essential to this goal. You must be able to engage with our guests in a way that leaves them as excited about Reason Beer as we are. You will be responsible for serving delicious pours of beer, educating guests on our product offerings, leading tours of our facility, and providing retail service.
The Tasting Room team (which currently consists of just the owners of Reason Beer) works together to maintain all aspects of on-site, customer-facing operations. This includes, but is not limited to, the major responsibilities listed below. The position reports directly to the Tasting Room Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
Tasting Room staff will:
- Serve draft beer to our guests
- Clean the Tasting Room, stock products (including one-sixth barrel kegs), and maintain an organized and customer-friendly environment
- Operate a POS system and accept cash and credit card payments
- Operate and troubleshoot a draft system, including assisting with Tasting Room quality control
- Provide a positive and memorable experience for our guests
- Support other customer-facing activities, including serving beer at festivals elsewhere in Virginia
- Represent the brewery in a positive and professional manner at all times, helping us to grow our young brand
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
Qualified applicants must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be able to lift up to 75 pounds and move up to 105 pounds
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Be able to spend an entire day on her or his feet
- Communicate clearly and effectively with other team members and with customers
- Pay close attention to detail
- Be flexible in scheduling and available afternoons and evenings Thursdays through Sundays
- Attain Virginia ABC manager certification within four weeks of hire
- Attain a Certified Beer Server certification within three months of hire
- Prior experience as a bartender in a beer-focused establishment strongly preferred, as is the availability to start immediately
If you have the qualifications and skills above and think you would be a good fit for the Reason Beer Tasting Room, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No applications will be accepted in person.